Your Data is Our Responsibility, & We take it Seriously!
At Vital X Health or Kiara Caresworth Private Limited, our mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. We are passionate about high-quality and convenient healthcare. We are also passionate about privacy. We strive to comply with the standards of data security and to be market leaders when it comes to healthcare and privacy.
This policy explains how we use your personal data. We want to help you understand how we work with your data, so that you can make informed choices and be in control of your information. We invite you to spend a few moments understanding this policy. We may update this policy from time to time and we will notify you when we do so.
This policy explains how we use your personal data for our healthcare services and products, including, amongst others, our private service, and our Partner Hospitals and GP’s. It also governs the use of your data through our App, or any of our websites, including the Vital X Health or Kiara Caresworth Private Limited website (and any reference to our App in this policy shall also include a reference to our websites).
This policy covers:
- Who we are;
- What personal data we hold and how we get it;
- What we use your personal data for;
- Sharing your personal data;
- Data security and transfers; and
- Your rights.
If you have any further questions about how we process your information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by contacting our Data Protection Officer:
Address: Data Protection Officer, Vital X Health or Kiara Caresworth Private Limited 55, Gajanan Nagar, Shahganj, Agra 282010 Email: email@example.com
What personal data we hold and how we get it
We use the following categories of personal data:
When you register with us, you complete forms and provide us with basic information about yourself, such as your name, date of birth, physical address and email address. You will also provide us with a copy of identification documentation for ID checks to be carried out by one of our commercial partners.
Health and medical information
The main type of information we hold about you is health and medical information: information about your health, symptoms, treatments, consultations and sessions, medications and procedures. This includes details of your consultations with our doctors, and interactions with our digital services.
We get some of this information directly from you, when you register with us and when you use our healthcare services. If you use our Video Tele-Consultation services and Personalized Health Plans, we will receive your other medical information too. Any correspondence we receive from you is uploaded electronically to your Vital X Health or Kiara Caresworth Private Limited medical record.
We do not retain video recordings of our tele-consultations with you.
We may also hold information about you and your health from other apps, devices and services where you have given your consent to that data being shared with us. Examples include where you decide to share information collected from a smart watch or similar device with our App.
If you make any payments on the App, your credit/debit card details are processed directly by a third party processor that will store all payment information and transaction details. We will only retain details of transactions on secure servers and we will not retain your credit or debit card information.
Technical information and analytics
When you use our App, we may automatically collect the following information where this is permitted by your device settings:
(a) technical information, including the address used to connect your mobile phone or other device to the Internet, your login information, system and operating system type and version, browser or app version, time zone setting, operating system and platform, and your location (based on IP address); and
(b) information about your visit, including products and services you viewed or used, App response times, interaction information (such as button presses) and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We work with partners who provide us with analytics and advertising services (for our services only and not for third party advertising). This includes helping us understand how users interact with our services, providing our advertisements on the internet, and measuring performance of our services and our adverts. Cookies and similar technologies may be used to collect this information, such as your interactions with our services.
Information obtained from third party services
We allow you to connect your Facebook account with our service to make creating an account with us easier. If you choose to connect your account with us to Facebook, we will receive limited information about you from Facebook (public profile and email address). We will not share your personal data with Facebook.
What we use your personal data for
The purposes for which we use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we do so are as follows:
- We obtain and use your personal details and financial details in order to establish and deliver our contract with you.
- We obtain and use your medical information because this is necessary for medical purposes, including medical diagnosis and the provision of healthcare or treatment. This includes the information collected through our consultations with you (such as notes), our digital services, and medical history. It may also include sharing information with other healthcare professionals as necessary for the provision of care to you, such as your GP (if you use our private service), specialist referral services, therapists, pharmacists, hospitals, accident and emergency services, pathology service providers, and diagnosis centres chosen by you for the purpose of imaging request forms.
- Where you have provided your explicit consent, we will use your medical information (always having removed personal identifiers, such as your name, address and contact details) to improve our healthcare products and services, so that we can deliver better healthcare to you and other Vital X Health or Kiara Caresworth Private Limited users. This medical information (de-identified in the way described above) may include your medical records. This does not involve making any decisions about you – it is only about improving our products, services and software so that we can deliver a better experience to you and other Vital X Health or Kiara Caresworth Private Limited users, and help achieve our aim of making healthcare affordable and accessible to everyone. Strict confidentiality and data security provisions apply at all times.
- We may obtain and use data about your precise location where you give your consent (through providing us access to your location), for example, to help direct you to the nearest pharmacy. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- We use your email address and/or phone number to contact you with occasional updates and marketing messages where you have not opted out, based on our legitimate interest in marketing our services to you and subject to your right to opt out at any time.
- Based on our legitimate interest in managing and planning our business, we may analyse data about your use of our products and services to, for example, troubleshoot bugs within the App, forecast demand of service and to understand other trends in use, including which features users use the most and find most helpful, and what features users require from us. This does not involve making any decisions about you – it is only about improving our App so that we can deliver better services to you. Strict confidentiality and data security provisions will apply at all times.
- Where necessary, we may need to share personal and financial details for the purposes of fraud prevention and detection.
- We also store your medical information, such as notes from consultations, your interactions with our digital services, for safety, regulatory, and compliance purposes.
- Where necessary for safety, regulatory and/or compliance purposes, we may audit consultations and your other interactions with our services. Strict confidentiality and data security provisions will apply at all times to any such audit and access.
Sharing your personal data with others
- We may share your personal data with members of our corporate group and our partners (such as the health and social care providers., specialist referral services, therapists, pharmacists, hospitals, accident and emergency services, pathology service providers, diagnosis centres chosen by you for the purpose of imaging requests, and other health and care bodies, and Care Coach. This is to help us deliver our services to you. This may include sharing information with such services for safeguarding purposes in accordance with our legal obligations.
- We may share your personal data with companies we have hired to provide services on our behalf.
- We may share with our commercial partners aggregated data that does not personally identify you, but which shows general trends, for example, the number of users of our service.
- Where you access our services through your health insurance provider, and where you have given your consent, we will need to let your insurance company know your name, email address, policy number, location (based on IP address), demographic information, that you had an appointment with us, the date of the appointment, details of your diagnosis, prescription, pharmacy location, whether or not you had a referral made and other similar information about your appointment with us.
- We may preserve or disclose information about you to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to assert legal rights or defend against legal claims; or to prevent, detect, or investigate illegal activity, fraud, abuse, violations of our terms, or threats to the security of our services or the physical safety of any person.
Except as described above, we will never share your personal information with any other party without your consent.
Data storage, security and transfers
We do not store your personal health data on your mobile device. We store all your personal health data – including your primary care information, medication information and diagnostic information – on secure servers.
Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
We do not store any credit or debit card information. Payments are processed via a third party payment provider that is fully compliant with Level 1 Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards. Any payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology.
As indicated above, whenever we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by accessing the privacy settings in the App.
You also have specific rights to:
- Wherever we process data based on your consent, withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this via the privacy section of our App;
- Understand and request a copy of information we hold about you. Recordings of your medical notes can be accessed via the App. For other information, you can make a request by email;
- Ask us to rectify or erase information we hold about you, subject to limitations relating to our obligation to store medical records for prescribed periods of time;
- Ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data or object to our processing; and
- Ask for your data to be provided on a portable basis.
For any questions or concerns, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org